Monday, April 21, 2008

Phoenix Rising

After a really tough testing, we found out yesterday at Certificate Ceremony the results. I am one of the lucky few that made it through. Only 10 out of 18 people who tested for erluquan were able to get what Shifu calls, "an upgrade." Congratulations to all those who passed!

There is a balance here. Even though I am overjoyed for our achievement, I am saddened that I won't see a lot more of the Level 1 people I train regularly with in Level 2. I really hope that the other 8 people don't see it as a failure. To me, failure is not getting knocked down, failure is not getting back up. Like the phoenix, you shall rise from your own ashes and be even more strong and splendid than before. We will be there with open arms awaiting your rebirth in Level 2.

"But there is suffering in life, and there are defeats. No one can avoid them. But it's better to lose some of the battles in the struggles for your dreams than to be defeated without ever knowing what you're fighting for."
-Paulo Coelho

Fight on!!!! MORE CHI!!!! TRAIN HARDER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment