Not exactly but my knees don't hurt constantly anymore. I still can't run down the subway steps without scrunching my face but at least I can run.
Looking back to all my knee injury posts, I can't believe this day is here. All of the sudden, I can go to consecutive classes and jumping around without that sharp stabbing pain in the front of my knees.
Of all the things I tried, I wonder what did it.
- Keep training - maybe I got stronger because I didn't give up training.
- Sensible shoes - I got rid all my high heel shoes (all except two.) I walk around in sneakers 75% of the time now. The other 25% I still drag flip flops and flat flat shoes around. Not good, I know. But I'm a girl after all.
- Stretching - I stretch my legs and back regularly even a couple of minutes while I brush my teeth or before going to bed.
- Massage and foam roller - when my legs hurt I either ask somebody to massage me or I do it myself with a high density foam roller. It feels good even if it doesn't do anything.
- Psychosomatic - I read this book called The Divided Mind which suggests that pain that occurs for no particular reason are caused by the mind trying to distract your body from emotional/psychological problems. The book also suggests that for some people once they know about it, this trick doesn't work anymore. So maybe this was my case, I learned about it. And now this mind trick is not working.
- 4th floor walk-up apartment - maybe walking up and down four flights of stairs everyday helps.
- All kinds of vitamins and supplements - I stopped taking them a long time ago. They are expensive. And I'm not convinced they helped with anything.