Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Unexpected Results

For those you who trained Monday night, you know how unbearably hot it was. I wasn't even sure if I was lifting my leg up in caijiao or if I was in a psychedelic dream about to be awoken by an alarm clock. It was my first HOT L2 class. And wooo-boy, the welcome committee sure rolled out the red carpet of steamy hotness. But something unexpected happened. With lack of oxygen and a weakness in my legs, I was able able to land almost all of my tornado kicks. It was as if, the heat stifled my brain over-thinking the move while also giving me extra flexibility by suppressing the stretch reflex. Everyone, myself included, was surprised. Over and over, I twisted, kicked, and landed on one leg. Angular momentum was set. The speed was optimal. My greatest surprise, however, was that I landed it with ease, like a graceful danseur with complete aplomb.

Even though it was a really tough class and everyone was drenched by the end of it, I long for another hot day of psychedelic tornadoes! To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment