Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Top Ten

Reasons tonight's class rocked:

- Big class -- over 30 people! Last night's L2 was also big -- 16. Is this a sign of a shift into spring training with larger classes? Either way it was fun filling the temple.

- Xu and Yue leading the lines. Somewhere in the middle I noticed that Xu and Yue were in the front of both the lines. I don't really get into gender politics much, but I still appreciated that I trained in a place where two unobtrusive petite girls are leading us down the carpet hardcore. Even cooler is the fact that it took awhile for me to notice. I love that we all just train hard and don't make a big deal out of who's a boy and who's a girl, who's old or who's young, who's been training the longest, or anything like that, everyone just trains.

- Sifu opened a window. That means spring is officially here no matter what the calendar says!

- Lots of chi. I felt Sifu was really urging us on today and that everyone went with it. Maybe it was wanting to represent for the several trial people in class, maybe it was just the air flowing through the window, but there was great energy tonight I thought. And I was glad. I trained muay thai this morning (7:30 am!!) and was worried I would feel tired, but I felt great and had lots of fun.

- Heng Gui. as always, a joy. :D Hope he's around for awhile.

- Working on head flips before class. Still a ways to go, but I'm getting less bad. That's comforting.

- Everyone stretched together! As mentioned in an earlier post, wall stretch has all but disappeared lately. Recently I was in a class of 25 and EVERYONE was stretching alone. Tonight Xu immediate got all the new/trial people together for a group stretch and that precipitated much more communal stretching. At least two groups of us were doing wall stretch and I think I saw several other people pairing up for stradlle and front splits, and cetitui stretch. I felt like we were more the old Shaolin community and less the sort of eerily silent group of people stretching in the same room.

- Richu saying Marcho de Mayo.

- Finding a new muscle emerging on my quads. New musculature is always interesting and inspiring.

- Coming home and having time to make cookies. Assuming I post this now. Thanks for a great class everyone!

7 comments:

  1. yay!!! big class - lots of chi - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Cheng, you gonna bring some of those nice cookies to class? Well, you don't need to tell everyone about the cookies...just me. I love cookies. I am actually a self professed cookie monster. Mainly chocolate chip, choco choco chip, w/walnuts, macadamias, naw mean!! Thanks for showing me the beginning of Erluquan. I can't wait to learn the entire form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cookies too. Baking and eating. Sadly these all got eaten by work folks. I bring some to temple sometime soon, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol marcho dey mayo

    richu's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when Xu and/or Yue lead lines. They both have awesome inspiring chi!

    Shifu opened a window?! Here comes summer training! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep on looking at those cookies and have decided that they scare me. Blood Cookie Sandwiches that we will wash down with milk? Sounds like a page from the journal of Hannibal Lecter.

    ReplyDelete