Monday, August 27, 2007

Non je ne regrette rien

Saturday was my birthday and a chi-fabulous, though grueling day. I have never sweat so much in my life. I am the newest member of the shaolin shower club, a rather disgusting and dubious honor. But I haven't been able to dwell on this newest landmark in my training because I'm so frustrated with myself for not training on Sunday. I had very reasonable and necessary reasons to take the day off, but that doesn't assuage my guilt. Once again it strikes me as amazing that the thing that left me breathless and positively drenched in sweat the day before is something that I regret not doing the following day. I can't think of a single time when I've thought I need to take a class off when I haven't wished I had just gotten my act together and gone. Extenuating circumstances beyond my control are one thing, but when I miss a class because of things I could have addressed earlier I get exasperated with myself. But instead of continuing to beat myself up uselessly, I'm going to appreciate the reminder of how much I love training, how much I love hanging out with my fellow dorks, and how much I need to stay on top of my laundry.....

2 comments:

  1. it's also called the "shaolin sprinkler" & you need a clean uniform to have a clean mind for training. don't beat yourself up too much. sometimes the day off can do you good. tomorrow is another training day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I changed uniforms and everything! And I still had to wring out my pants... madness..

    ReplyDelete