Thursday, December 27, 2007

Water Bottle Can Kill Ya

Did anybody see this article about people started worrying about health risk from hard plastic water bottle? Basically, it said that these bottles contain polycarbonate which can leak into water and MAY cause a whole bunch of terrible illnesses as manifested in lab animals.... breast cancer, prostate cancer, obesity, hyperactivity, miscarriages, reproductive failure, etc.


The main target is bottles from the company above which are supposedly indestructible, light, do not stain or cause odor..... Sounds good, I might get myself one of those. My water bottle that I got for free from my company's healthday smells like plastic and leaves yellow stain at the bottom after each use. I don't know how many diseases that will also cause me later in life...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. I've read that article. Actually, I think most plastics aren't too safe. There are usually chemicals used in the production process that is harmful to animals. Do a google search on "plastic danger" and you'll get plenty of articles and scientific studies on the subject. There's lots of debate as to whether it is really harmful to humans, but I say better safe than sorry.

    I don't use my nalgene bottle anymore. Actually, I try to avoid most plastics that come in contact with food or liquids.

    ReplyDelete