Friday, August 24, 2007

Get yer kicks...

Last night I returned to training after a week off due to illness. I felt the effects of my head cold still, coughing up lots and getting winded much more easily. Well, dem's the breaks, I guess. At least the time away allowed my oncoming shaolin butt sword to go away, I hope.

Glad I trained though -- I was able to practice erluquan a few times including the four out of the five kicks I learned a week and a half ago with De. I even faked my way, albeit poorly, thru the 5th kick -- the waibaitui -- and into the gongbu.

Fortunately, for the last ten minutes or so of class, got put in a good group by Xu to hammer out more of the five kicks with De. Whereas I had just learned them, some of the folks in our group have been doing it for a while, so it was good to observe their technique and listen to De point out what to tighten and speed up.

I've got a long road ahead of me in perfecting the five kicks. I think I'll have to sometimes do them exclusively when it's my turn to jump on the carpet!

1 comment:

  1. awesome! i look forward to those 5 kicks in the elusive some day. by the way, those kicks in the pic sure are colourful, like candy!

    ReplyDelete